In this episode of IAMCEO Podcast, Lee Povey, the CEO and Founder of Maximize Your Potential Coaching, and Co-Founder of Coaches Soul, shares his journey and insights from being an elite cycling athlete and Olympic Development Program Coach for USA Cycling to enriching leaders' lives by providing transformational leadership coaching.
- CEO Story: Personal experiences define Lee's journey, who started as a successful corporate real estate agent. Although he excelled at his work, he admitted he wasn't great at working with others. This realization led him to start his own real estate firm in his mid-20s and focus on developing people's skills. Having learned from numerous personal mistakes, he now uses his experiences to help others avoid the same pitfalls.
- Business Service: Lee offers executive, leadership coaching, and consultancy services. He also facilitates workshops for CEOs, Founders of Startups, and Sports Coaches through his two companies, helping businesses improve by unpacking and overcoming their emotional baggage.
- Secret Sauce: Lee's unique approach is to dig deeper and help companies identify their emotional baggage that often impedes progress and success. An essential part of this process involves doing away with the baggage to facilitate unhindered growth.
- CEO Hack: Lee shares a life and leadership hack: “9 box life,” which is about clarifying what each aspect of your life means to you and how you need to adapt or progress. He emphasizes the need for grace in your emotional responses, helping others, and looking for the good in situations.
- CEO Nugget: He believes humans derive significant satisfaction from being of service to others, suggesting it as an inspiring nugget for fellow entrepreneurs.
- CEO Defined: For Lee, a CEO must meet people where they are to extract their best, constantly look for the good in every situation and people, and consistently work on appreciation and acknowledgment.
I AM CEO Handbook Volume 3 is HERE and it's FREE. Get your copy here: http://cbnation.co/iamceo3. Get the 100+ things that you can learn from 1600 business podcasts we recorded. Hear Gresh's story, learn the 16 business pillars from the podcast, find out about CBNation Architects and why you might be one and so much more. Did we mention it was FREE? Download it today!
The full transcription is only available to CBNation Library Members. Sign up today!
Lee Povey 00:00
The coach in the UK doesn't know the sport, but his leadership is exemplary and he understands how to empower people. And he just always looks for the good. You can never appreciate and acknowledge somebody enough. Just keep doing it. Keep working on it. We're always going to have the critiques.
Great leaders. They see what needs to be done. They're always going to have the critiques. So just keep working on that appreciation and acknowledgement.
Do you want to learn effective ways to build relationships, generate sales, and grow your business from successful entrepreneurs, startups, and CEOs without listening to a long, long, long interview?
If so, you've come to the right place. Gresham Harkless values your time and is ready to share with you precisely the information you are in search of. This is the IAMCEO podcast.
Gresham Harkless 00:51
Hello, hello, hello. This is Gresh from the IAMCEO podcast and I appreciate you listening to this episode. And if you've been listening this year, you know that we hit 1600 episodes at the beginning of this year.
We're doing something a little bit different where we're repurposing our favorite episodes around certain categories, topics, or as I like to call them business pillars that we think are going to be extremely impactful for CEOs, entrepreneurs, and business owners, or what I like to call the CB nation architects who are looking to level up their organizations.
This month, we are focused on leadership, management, and coaching. When we think of leadership, management, and coach, we often think of doing all of the things, but often it's a person that's able to build up their team. That's able to cultivate a creative and innovative culture so that people can excel and actually be their own leaders.
So that's why this month we're focusing on those three big topics because they make a huge impact on the organizations that we're part of. Now you'll hear some of those topics this month. And of course, some really great perspectives on how people are even defining leadership, which I think is extremely exciting.
So sit back and enjoy this special episode of the IAMCEO podcasts.
Hello, hello, hello. This is Gresh from the IAMCEO podcast. I have a very special guest on the show today. I have Lee Povey of Maximize Your Potential Coaching. Lee, excited to have you on the show.
Lee Povey 02:13
I'm wonderful to meet you. Wonderful to be on your show. And as I said, to you offline, I love the t-shirt.
Gresham Harkless 02:19
Absolutely. I appreciate that. They said they brought it back a little bit of nostalgia and but definitely hopefully it does that. So, before we jumped into the interview, I went to read a little bit more about Lee. So you can hear about all the awesome things that he's doing and all the reasons that I love all the awesome work that he's doing.
So Lee is the CEO and founder of Maximize Your Potential Coaching as well as the co-founder of Coaches Soul as a previous elite cycling athlete and Olympic developmental program coach for U. S. A. Cycling and from coaching hundreds of world, national and Olympic champions. Lee understands the importance of world-class leadership.
Additionally, Lee has experienced the challenges and financial rewards of business ownership as a real estate corporate manager and eventually the owner of his own real estate firm.
Today, Lee provides transformational executive leadership, coaching, facilitates leadership groups, and offers workshops for CEOs, founders of startups and sports coaches through his 2 companies.
His mission is to empower and support leaders, executives, and elite coaches and achieving their leadership and life goal. Lee again, excited to have you on the show. My friend, are you ready to speak to the IAMCEO community?
Lee Povey 03:25