In this episode of the IAMCEO Podcast, Tom Kirkham, the founder and CEO of IronTech Security, shares his professional journey and passion for cybersecurity. Tom is an author with over three decades of experience in software design, network administration, computer security, and cybersecurity. He generously provides cybersecurity defense systems and education, encouraging organizations to establish security-first environments.
- CEO Story: Tom's life took a dramatic turn when he found himself on the ISIS kill list due to his hack. This event significantly amplified his passion for cybersecurity, prompting him to adopt a philosophical approach to strategy, management, leadership, HR, and vendor relationships. His new book, “Cyber Pandemic Survival Guide,” shines a spotlight on these experiences.
- Business Service: IronTech Security as a managed services provider serves as an outsourced IT staff for small to medium businesses. Through his educational initiatives and his book, Tom empowers leaders with the knowledge they need to implement administrative controls, adopt the best cybersecurity tools, and offer effective cybersecurity awareness training.
- Secret Sauce: Tom's secret to success resides in simplifying tools and their implementation. He carries out periodic business reviews to explain updates to clients and prospects.
- CEO Hack: Tom believes in setting an accurate and motivating company culture. He emphasizes addressing any missing goals or objectives within the team.
- CEO Nugget: Tom advises that a shared vision is crucial for success. Without a shared vision, no amount of direction will lead to a successful launch. Everyone should swim in the same direction.
- CEO Defined: For Tom, being a CEO means setting the vision and the overall strategy, taking risks, and exercising imagination and creativity. He advocates for a servant leadership approach.
I AM CEO Handbook Volume 3 is HERE and it's FREE. Get your copy here: http://cbnation.co/iamceo3. Get the 100+ things that you can learn from 1600 business podcasts we recorded. Hear Gresh's story, learn the 16 business pillars from the podcast, find out about CBNation Architects and why you might be one and so much more. Did we mention it was FREE? Download it today!
The full transcription is only available to CBNation Library Members. Sign up today!
Tom Kirkham Teaser 00:00
The point of the book when you're the leader of the organization is getting a high enough level to know what you need to do to buy the best-of-breed tools to implement best of breed administrative controls or procedures and policies around password complexity requirements and putting in cyber security awareness training.
Do you want to learn effective ways to build relationships, generate sales and grow your business from successful entrepreneurs, startups, and CEOs without listening to a long, long, long interview?
If so, you've come to the right place. Gresham Harkless values your time and is ready to share with you precisely the information you're in search of. This is the IAMCEO podcast.
Gresham Harkless 00:53
Hello. Hello. Hello. This is Gresham from the IAMCEO podcast, and I appreciate you listening to this episode. If you've been listening this year, you know that we hit 1600 episodes at the beginning of this year.
And we're doing something a little bit different where we're repurposing our favorite episodes around certain categories, topics, or as I like to call them, the business pillars that we think are going to be extremely impactful for CEOs, entrepreneurs, business owners, and what I like to call the CB nation architects who are looking to level up their organizations.
This month we are focusing on operations. The systems will set you free. So think about systems, think about flow, sustainability, potentially working out in your morning routine, waking up early, e commerce, different business models, think of the operations in the models that basically set up the foundation to allow the creativity.
Within organizations, but also to make sure the trains are running on time and things are going as they should. Now, this is extremely important because we often turn to the sexy parts of business and forget about the operations and how important that is. So I really want to focus this month on this specific topic.
So sit back and enjoy this special episode at the IAMCEO podcast.
Hello. Hello. Hello. This is Gresh from the IAMCEO podcast. I have a very special guest back on the show. I have Tom Kirkham of Iron Tech Security. Tom, super excited to have you back on the show.
Tom Kirkham 02:13
Yeah. Thanks for having me back. Always enjoyed it.
Gresham Harkless 02:16
Yes, definitely enjoyed it. And there's so many great things that you're working on and so many kind of tools and tips and tidbits and even stories that you have it. I'm excited to have you back on the show. But of course, before we jumped into that, I want to read a little bit more about Tom so you can hear a little bit more about him and all the awesome things he's doing.
And Tom is the founder and CEO of Iron Tech Security. He provides cyber security defense systems and focuses on educating and encouraging organizations to establish a security first environment base with cyber security training programs for all workers to prevent successful attacks.
Tom brings more than three decades of software design, network administration, computer security and cyber security knowledge to organizations around the country.
And Tom recently published a new book titled The Cyber Pandemic Survival Guide. Protecting yourself from the coming worldwide cyber War. Tom, again, excited to have you back on the show my friend, are you ready to speak to the IAMCEO community?
Tom Kirkham 03:08
Yes, let's do it.