Aneka Winstead is a wife and mother of 3 boys along with being the CEO of WATT Business Solutions, a mobile Tax and Accounting firm. Aneka received her Bachelor's in Accounting from Morgan State University in 2007 and a Master of Business in 2012. She started her career as an Accountant over 10 years ago in public accounting and has since gained experience in various industries within Accounting including corporate, state, and federal government. With WATT Business Solutions, Aneka assists individual taxpayers with their taxes and specializes in helping small businesses develop and implement accounting processes, tax plans, and tax preparation. Aneka also runs a Non-profit, WATTKids whose mission is to educate children about the basics of money and financial literacy while teaching them how to wealth build.
- CEO Story: Aneka served in the government as a CPA for 7 years. After so many years of working, in a very pressured working environment with no rewards but false promises of promotion. As a mother of 3, Aneka was tired of her job and wanted to spend more time with her family. And so in 2017, she started tax accounting, part-time while doing the daytime job. Then eventually, by a leap of faith, she established her firm full-time. Did full throttle in 2018 from 15 to 20 clients, to now over 200 clients.
- Business Service: Doing workshops that allowed her to tap more into small business owners, giving them high-level principles and guidelines. Operating with a business account. Business assets are protected.
- Secret Sauce: Having that passion and purpose and seeing the impact generation after generation. Passion for clients to sustain their business.
- CEO Hack: Calendar, maintaining, and color coding. Systems that work for you and your team make your job easier. Make sure you have people on your team.
- CEO Nugget: Always bet on yourself. Bet it all.
- CEO Defined: Being able to create a life that you want to live. Freedom. You get to decide.