As an early childhood educator and Founder and CEO of The Dough Project, Chelsea Milkman is on a mission to make playtime easy, enriching, and well, fun!
Inspired by the values held at the core of her preschool classroom for 10+ years, Chelsea built The Dough Project on the foundational belief that kid-powered playtime is essential for learning and cultivating creativity—both in the classroom and more importantly, at home.
Using all-natural and plant-based ingredients, The Dough Project encourages process-based play through jars of fresh playdough and DIY Kits complete with all the ingredients you need to bring that classroom magic to life at home.
- CEO Story: A long-time teacher for pre-school, over the years she has observed and really believed that a lot of development experience in every child while playing the playdough. She made it a mission to help
- Business Service: Events, classes, birthday party. They ship dough all over the country and in Canada.
- Secret Sauce: Teaching experience. Tapping and taking care of the emotional side of the child and doing what’s best for the greater good for the classroom.
- CEO Hack: Find time to play every single day (not a video game). It clears your head and makes you more creative. It’s a reset and a reboot for the next day.
- CEO Nugget: Trust yourself and trust the process.
- CEO Defined: Being a person who has a goal, knows how to figure out to accomplish the goal. Developing from nothing into something and figuring out how things are done in the most efficient, cost-effective, morale-building way possible.