IAM1290- Catalyst CEO Brings New Innovations to the World
Podcast Interview with Shannon Lucas
Shannon Lucas, Co-Founder, and Co-CEO of Catalyst Constellations, has over twenty years of experience working with startups, launching her own ventures, and driving innovation into the world’s largest companies. Shannon is a best-selling author Move Fast, Break Shit, Burn Out; The Catalyst’s Guide to Working Well. She is a passionate thought leader about creating sustainable organizations in every sense of the word; for people, the planet, and profit.
In her previous roles, as EVP of Emerging Business at Ericsson, Senior Innovation Architect at Cisco’s Hyperinnovation Living Lab, and Director of Innovation at Vodafone Global Enterprise, Shannon empowered Fortune 500 businesses to stay agile, competitive, and sustainable through the adoption of new technologies and organizational structures.
- CEO Story: Shannon is a catalyst. Started her opportunity at Vodafone where she builds new global innovations from scratch. Over four years her team was very successful for that world-class innovation program. As the journey goes by, she needed to hire a coach – who happens to be doing research about foundational research about a catalyst. And the two minds met with the same wavelength, and Catalyst Constellations was born.
- Business Service: Providing 360 support for catalyst. Coaching, learning, and development program for the catalyst whether an individual or an organization
- Secret Sauce: Deep self-awareness and the authenticity of being a catalyst. The mindfulness of supporting an individual bringing depths of experience.
- CEO Hack: “The more we can bring mindfulness into all the different parts of our life, the better we can self-regulate. The better that we can connect the dots, the better we get to clarity and the better we get people along.”
- CEO Nugget: Self-compassion – because it’s so easy to internalize those negative feedbacks. Mindfulness, self-compassion class brings healing to a catalyst.
- CEO Defined: Chief vision and execution officer. Self-awareness and the commitment to self-improvement. Walking the talk, being open to feedback, being purpose-led, and being unafraid to fail.
Excerpt from Shannon’s book – Move Fast, Break Shit, Burn Out:
Foundational Elements of a Catalyst:
- Constantly seeking and taking in new information
- Connect all those dots and look for possibilities
- Vision – concrete vision of what it would manifest in the world
- Iteration – the scientific method, lean start-up, design thinking
- Execution – experimentation mindset
- Risk and Ambiguity – methodical research data
Check out one of our favorite CEO Hack’s Audible. Get your free audiobook and check out more of our favorite CEO Hacks HERE