- Background: Christa Dalakis was a two-sport division one scholarship athlete at George Mason University, participating in Women’s Fast-pitch Softball and Women’s Volleyball. Post-graduation, she played with the Connecticut Brakettes, a Women's Fastpitch team. In August 2002, Christa joined the Greek National Softball Team, winning GOLD at the 2003 European Championships B-Pool. In 2004, she was selected to be an alternate and assistant coach for the team at the OLYMPIC SUMMER GAMES in Athens, Greece. In 2005, she contributed to the team's A Pool Silver win at the European Championships.
- Breakaway Fitness: Her venture, Breakaway Fitness, showcases her athletic prowess and ability to inspire and motivate her clients to be at the top of their fitness game.
- CEO Hack: Use the learnings from “Good to Great,” a book by Jim Collins to manage employees and grow companies.
- CEO Nugget: Christa suggests that everyone is replaceable and changes are inevitable. As a CEO, you will always be your best salesperson.
- CEO Defined: She defines being a CEO as a bittersweet experience involving great responsibility and a lifestyle that is always ‘on.'
Previous Episode: co-founder-and-former-athlete-helps-her-clients-reach-fitness-goals
I AM CEO Handbook Volume 3 is HERE and it's FREE. Get your copy here: http://cbnation.co/iamceo3. Get the 100+ things that you can learn from 1600 business podcasts we recorded. Hear Gresh's story, learn the 16 business pillars from the podcast, find out about CBNation Architects and why you might be one and so much more. Did we mention it was FREE? Download it today!
The full transcription is only available to CBNation Library Members. Sign up today!
Christa Dalakis Teaser 00:00
It's like you'll get people who just let me make the craziest, hardest workout I can think of. Well, that's not really helping anybody if you're not really basing it on anything scientific or what their goals are. It's and we always say this. It's easy to make a workout hard. But what are you doing to make that workout better for that person?
Do you want to learn effective ways to build relationships, generate sales, and grow your business from successful entrepreneurs, startups, and CEOs without listening to a long, long, long interview?
If so, you've come to the right place. Gresham Harkness values your time and is ready to share with you precisely the information you're in search of. This is the I Am CEO Podcast.
Gresham Harkless 00:46
Hello. Hello. Hello. This is Gresh from the I Am CEO podcast, and I have a very special guest on the show today. I have Christa Dalakis of Breakaway Fitness. Christa, it's awesome to have you on the show.
Christa Dalakis 00:57
It's great to be here. Thanks for having me.
Gresham Harkless 00:59
No problem. And what I wanted to do was just read a little bit about all the awesome things that Christa is doing so you can learn a little bit more about her.
Christa was a two-sport division one scholarship athlete in women's fast-pitch softball and women's volleyball at George Mason University. After graduating, she played with the Connecticut Brickettes, a women's major fast-pitch team.
In August of 2002, Krista made the Greek national softball team, which won gold at the 2003 European Championships B Pool. In 2004, she was selected to be an alternate and assistant coach for the team at the Olympic Summer Games in Athens, Greece.
In 2005, she helped the team win an A Pool silver at the European Championships. In the gym, Christa is known for her sarcasm and her ability to Christa people. To be Christa'd is to be suddenly find yourself doing something you had no intention of doing before, which is not a bad trick for being a trainer.
Christa enjoys spending her time with Jeff and their son, Gordon, and her twins, Alani and Farrah. She loves anything to do with being outdoors. Christa, it is awesome to have you on the show. Are you ready to speak to the I Am CEO community?
Christa Dalakis 02:08
Let's do it.