IAM1564 – CEO and Co-founder Creates a Community to Improve the Workplace for Women
Special Throwback Episode - Podcast Interview with Georgene Huang
Georgene Huang is obsessed with improving the workplace for women. She’s the CEO and Co-founder of Fairygodboss, the largest career community for women to discover the hard-to-find intel on work-life balance, salary, maternity leave policies, and how companies treat women. Previously she ran the enterprise business at Dow Jones and was a Managing Director at Bloomberg Ventures. She is a graduate of Cornell and Stanford Universities.
- CEO Story: Georgene had a rough day at her previous large company and she was pregnant during that time, sadly they were laid off including her boss. As she was looking for a job in the marketplace and looking for jobs that balance life and work, Fairygodboss was born which was really meant for women looking for maternity leave and it treats women.
- Business Service: Community of women looking for jobs or not looking for jobs.
- Secret Sauce: Having real authenticity. Authentic conversation.
- CEO Hack: Being critical of how I spend my time and energy.
- CEO Nugget: Having conversations with other founders who have done it before me.
- CEO Defined: Getting the best out of your team.
Episode Link: https://iamceo.co/2018/12/28/iam139-%e2%80%8bceo%e2%80%8b-%e2%80%8band%e2%80%8b-%e2%80%8bco-founder-creates-community-to-improve-the-workplace-for-women/
Check out one of our favorite CEO Hack’s Audible. Get your free audiobook and check out more of our favorite CEO Hacks HERE