Russ McIntosh is the owner and creative director of Vision Idea Design, an all-inclusive graphic design firm in Fairfax, VA. From logo concept to product packaging, from trade show banners to exterior signs, as well as book publishing and printing. Vision Idea Design helps small businesses and entrepreneurs in the community achieve their goals and pursue their vision to success. Russ is always lending a helping hand to the community as much as possible. Through Chamber membership and networking groups, as well as art showcases and mentorship.
- CEO Story: Russ has been an artist all his life, doing graphic designing for 25 years. Started working part-time designing, while doing a full-time construction job, studying, and taking care of his family. Russ did full-time in graphic designing and learned digital graphics with adobe which helped him work in various companies. Until one day, when his daughter enlightened him to start his own design company. And so in 2017, Vision Idea Design was born. Not an easy start, but a progressive and changed course many times. Now part of the chamber that helps one another. Russ and his company loves to help small businesses as a partner.
- Business Service: Graphic design, logo concept, banners, exterior signs, book publishing, and printing.
- Secret Sauce: Experience. Sit down and listen to clients. Help clients create that vision and make that design for them. Seeing the success in others and trying to help them with it.
- CEO Hack: AI Software mention: All-E 2 and Midjourney – imagination into an artwork. Useful as a building tool.
- CEO Nugget: Relax, take time, take a break. Recharge and rejuvenate. Learn to love yourself and appreciate your friends and loved ones around you.
- CEO Defined: Being an educator – helping and understanding. Creating every opportunity to help others.