Matt is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, a 40 Under 40 Recipient, Chamber Small Business Owner of the Year, and host of The Mass Business Podcast, which is focused on helping small business owners learn from each other.
- CEO Story: Started as a volunteer on a non-profit organization, offered his free website in 2001. Then he started selling websites, outsourcing them. In 2005 Matt did full-time as a digital marketing agency but exited in 2018 and focused on helping-serviced based businesses.
- Business Service: Serviced-based businesses get referrals. One-on-one coach for better and right relationships. Group coaching – mastermind approach.
- Secret Sauce: People do business with who they know, like, trust and care. Find ways to care for other people and you will get referrals.
- CEO Hack: Books recommended: E-myth Revisited (entrepreneur creates the system) by Michael Gerber; Never Eat Alone (giving without expecting in return) by Keith Ferrazzi; Profit First (paying yourself) by Mike Michalowicz.
- CEO Nugget: Double downer relationships, invest in them. It’s not about what you know, but who you know.
- CEO Defined: Leadership but more of ownership. Owning who you are in the business that you run.
The full transcription is only available to CBNation Library Members. Sign up
[00:00:00.10] – Matt Ward
People do business with who they know, like, and trust, and I don't believe that's true. I think people do business with who they know, like, trust, and care about. The caring component matters so much in all of this. It it matters in surrounding yourself with people who bring you joy, but more so it matters in the referral Do
[00:00:17.80] – Podcast Intro
you want to learn effective ways to build relationships, generate sales, and grow your business from successful entrepreneurs, start ups, And CEOs without listening to a long, long, long interview? If so, you've come to the right place. Gresham Harkless values your time and is ready to share with you precisely the information you're in search of. This is the I am CEO podcast.
[00:00:45.00] – Gresham Harkless
Hello. Hello. Hello. This is Gresham. I am CEO podcast. I have a very special guest on the show today. I have Matt Ward of breakthrough champion. Matt, it's great to have you on the show.
[00:00:53.89] – Matt Ward
Thanks for having me, Gresham. I appreciate it. It's gonna be a lot of fun, I think.
[00:00:57.29] – Gresham Harkless
Yes. Absolutely. I think it's gonna be loads and loads of fun. And Before we jump into all the fun, I want to read a
[00:01:01.50] – Gresham Harkless
a little bit more about Matt so you hear about some some
[00:01:03.10] – Gresham Harkless
some some of the awesome things that he's been able to accomplish. And Matt sold his fur his digital marketing agency and Concert Web Solutions in May twenty eighteen to begin his focus on helping service based businesses get more word-of-mouth referrals. His book, More Word-of-mouth referrals, lifelong customers, and raving fans focuses on building strong relationships and how we can use that to connect with others. His newest book is The High Five Effect, How to Do Business with People Who Bring You Joy, and was released last year in October. Matt is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, a forty under forty recipient, chamber small business owner of the year, and host of the mass business podcast, which focuses on helping business owners learn more from each other. Matt, super excited to have you on the show and get the opportunity to learn some more from you as well too. Are you ready to speak to the I am CEO community?