Matt sold his digital marketing agency, inConcert Web Solutions, in May 2018 to begin his focus on helping service-based businesses get more word-of-mouth referrals! His book “MORE…Word of Mouth Referrals, Lifelong Customers & Raving Fans”, focuses on building stronger relationships, and how we can use that to connect with others. His newest book is titled “The High-Five Effect: How To Do Business With People Who Bring You Joy” and was released last year in October.
Matt is a professional member of the National Speakers Association, a 40 Under 40 Recipient, Chamber Small Business Owner of the Year, and host of The Mass Business Podcast, which is focused on helping small business owners learn from each other.
- CEO Story: Started as a volunteer on a non-profit organization, offered his free website in 2001. Then he started selling websites, outsourcing them. In 2005 Matt did full-time as a digital marketing agency but exited in 2018 and focused on helping-serviced based businesses.
- Business Service: Serviced-based businesses get referrals. One-on-one coach for better and right relationships. Group coaching – mastermind approach.
- Secret Sauce: People do business with who they know, like, trust and care. Find ways to care for other people and you will get referrals.
- CEO Hack: Books recommended: E-myth Revisited (entrepreneur creates the system) by Michael Gerber; Never Eat Alone (giving without expecting in return) by Keith Ferrazzi; Profit First (paying yourself) by Mike Michalowicz.
- CEO Nugget: Double downer relationships, invest in them. It’s not about what you know, but who you know.
- CEO Defined: Leadership but more of ownership. Owning who you are in the business that you run.