IAM1461 – Owners of Yoga Studio Offer an Escape from The Frantic DC Lifestyle
Special Throwback Episode - Podcast Interview with Kathryn Taron + Lindsey Canaley
Co-Owner and Director of Teacher Training, Kathryn Taron was a Division I long-distance runner who found yoga while on a quest to heal an injury. After completely recovering from the injury, she continued to cultivate her practice on the North Shore of Oahu and around the world. She understands the struggle to balance competitive drive with respect for the body’s limits. She teaches yoga to empower others to engage in self-healing. During her classes, Kathryn focuses heavily on proper alignment and mindfully linking movements with breath.
Co-Owner, Lindsey Canaley discovered yoga 15 years ago via a VHS workout tape as a teenager in her native Los Angeles. After a personal practice for many years, she got the courage to step foot in a real yoga studio in DC in 2011 and fell in love all over again. She believes in playful practice and tries not to take herself too seriously. At classes with Lindsey, you can expect high energy, creative flows with a little restorative yoga thrown in for a well-rounded sweat session on the mat. For her personal practice, she loves vinyasa, power, yin, and restorative yoga equally. Lindsey is a RYT-200 and completed her studies at Tranquil Space and her prenatal training at Mind the Mat. When not in the studio, she's probably snuggling her one-year-old daughter or one of her three kitties.
- CEO Story: Kath and Lindsey came to the studio as teachers, the time came when both were presented with the idea of owning the company, and both grab the opportunity instantly.
- Business Service: Yoga classes from beginner to advance. Stretching, teacher training, and energetic therapy.
- Secret Sauce: Small classes, welcoming and intimate. Limit the classes.
- CEO Hack: Time blocking
- CEO Nugget: Hire slowly and fire quickly / Partnerships are never easy / Create your own tribe
- CEO Defined: You own both successes and failures / CEO – visionary, looking forward or doing more of the mission
Episode Link: https://iamceo.co/2018/11/07/iam102-owners-of-yoga-studio-offer-an-escape-from-the-frantic-dc-lifestyle/
Check out one of our favorite CEO Hack’s Audible. Get your free audiobook and check out more of our favorite CEO Hacks HERE