Tricia Montalvo Timm is a board director, venture investor, speaker and author. She is a first-generation Latina who rose through the ranks of Silicon Valley advising high-tech companies big and small, culminating in the sale of data analytics software company Looker to Google for $2.6 billion. Tricia is one of the few Latinas to have attained the triple achievement of reaching the C-suite, joining the boardroom and cracking the venture capital ceiling. Tricia’s industry recognitions include the 2020 Women of Influence and Latino Business Leadership awards from Silicon Valley Business Journal and the title of Diversity Champion from the SVBJ Corporate Counsel Awards.
With her new book, Embrace the Power of You, she hopes to inspire anyone who has ever felt like an “other” in the workplace to embrace their true selves, owns their identity, and achieve success and fulfillment in their life and career.
- CEO Story: Tricia’s parents were both immigrants in the United States, born and grew up in Los Angeles. Her parents wanted the American dream for their family. Despite the discrimination in school as the only Latina, she assimilates and hides herself, and that's how she progressed. That journey was written in her book Hiding who you are. Tricia has a phenomenal career. Recently doing a portfolio career, helping board work, non-profit and venture capital.
- Business Service: Her book was for any manager or a leader in an organization, so they can see like Tricia, and create that empathy for that experience. And how to create a strategy or culture that might serve them.
- Secret Sauce: Help one leader at a time, start their journey, and go through it we’re going to see change.
- CEO Hack: Book mentions: Drop the ball by Tiffany Dufu – demonstrated everything you do in a day and decide whether it is necessary or outsource it or whether you can drop it. Intentional about setting boundaries, and prioritizing what needs to be done.
- CEO Nugget: Networking is building and nurturing genuine relationships over time.
- CEO Defined: Huge responsibility, sets the tone and the culture of the company. Sets employees first and culture first.